W E L C O M E

Stay a While

Nvidia Drivers

Here They Go Attacking Games Again : GTA IV Robbery

Thursday, May 1, 2008



I'd like to thank Artofwar for posting this video over on GameTrailers.com. I've got to say this is the stupidest thing the news could feature. It only fuels people like Jack Thompson. Is the news really that desperate for attention?

This video shows a news story in which some guy stole a copy of GTA IV from a Gamestop. This is just a failed attempt at a simple shoplifting, so why should this be featured in the news? I'll tell you why. The new GTA has been long awaited game by gamers and by the people that like to attack games. I think that they were just waiting for this game to come out so they could try to make games look bad some more. This is the kind of thing that really ticks me off. They would never feature a story if someone stole a copy of say half-life 2, or Assassin's Creed. People shoplift stuff all the time and you don't see that featured the way they featured this GTA story.

When the guy was questioned as to why he stole the game, he said "I just wanted it, so I took it." Then they go on to say that, Oh, this is what GTA makes people do. In my opinion that's bullshit! The guy desired the game so he took it. When people desire something enough and don't want to pay or can't pay they take it. It's just that simple. A game can't make someone do this.

I think that this is just going to fuel people like Jack Thompson, with all his assaults on video gaming. I don't know if you know this already, but a couple of weeks ago I think, Jack Thompson actually sent a letter to the chairman of Take Two's mother. He sent a friggin' letter to the chairman's mother! What the hell?! I don't remember the exact contents of the letter, but basically he was saying that the chairman is destroying the youth with games, or something like that. You might be able to find it somewhere online if you haven't seen it.

DAMN, I'm pissed now!

Let me know what you guys think.

0 comments: